Saturday, January 08, 2005,1:26 AM
Orientation day
Today was the orientation day for the newcomers of the archi course of Taylor's, a prelude to something far less pretty, depends on the angle you're looking at the course, maybe prettier, whatever. But these fresh faces I saw today, like cookies that had just been taken out of the oven, perfectly cooked and not burned, reminds me that it has been two long years since I was in their place right now. Fresh out of school, or out of national service for some of them, they have expectations no different than what me and most of my coursemates had in mind when we had to go through the same thing last time. Building big and something-that-looks-good was all on my mind, kinda immature when I think about it now. That butterfly-in-my-stomach feeling made me a nervous wreck on my 1st day when I saw a group of my ex-schoolmates congregating at the main gate of TCSJ. Leaving school and starting college life was a big thing for me, I bet the rest of school-leavers would think the same. Driving license, more independence, flexible schedule, clothes and outlook became important and finally learning something that I would be more interested in, its a sudden change from following strict timetable, school uniforms, heavy textbooks and school teachers. Its like a prisoner was released after serving 11 years in prison, overwhelmed by freedom and clueless on what lies down the road.

Fresh meat

Well, everyone enjoyed the orientation day organized by the seniors of SAQS, there were interesting moments like making their first model and presentation (it looks like some of them will become the creme de la creme of SAQS) and there were somewhat memorable moments like concocting a somewhat "appetizing" mixture of cili padi, wasabi, eggs, milk, celery and coke right before lunch. A small Fear Factor took place there, but everyone went thru well. Didnt get to see what happened after that, but from what I heard the seniors were pretty cruel in doing something that involved water, dunno lah, due to the Yearbook thingy which had been going idle for some time and now the book has to be published sometime in the 1st quarter of this year after orders from above, not so sure. Overall it was a good day, but unfortunately wasnt in the best mood, unusually tired, and worried and uneasy about certain things which are practically stupid and... dunno lah. Made some new friends which was pretty cool. Well, college begins on Monday, hope everything will be Okay...
 
posted by azreey
Permalink ¤


0 Comments:






Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License