Monday, June 12, 2006,10:51 PM
Soccer-who??
In my opinion, there are several countries in this world which could never enter the world of soccer, America and Australia (and maybe Malaysia, but I'm hopeful that they will somehow prove me wrong). I find it hard to believe that US managed to host the World Cup in 1994, for a country so proud of their uniqueness in sports which they has deflowered the word "football" and call their version the "American Football". The same goes for Australia, with their "Footie", sounds rather perverted. I'm not anti-Western, or an Asian-exteremist, heck, I don't even play football, i mean soccer. I used to though, in school (as a lowly defender). I'm the classic kaki bangku as many of us would know and are.

So what's the fuss about football all of a sudden?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Since when?

Australia is fighting against Japan tonight in World Cup 2006, as I type. Fifteen thousand Aussies are cheering away like kangaroos on heat in a stadium in Kaiserslauten Germany. More than that are wathching thru the tube in Austalia. All of a sudden Australia is bursting thru the doors of FIFA screaming, " I can play soccer now!!" Hell yeah you can, with hands! "History's against us" that's what Nike's Joga Bonito (I think) commercial said. If anyone has watched it, I wouldn't mind standing with that old ghastly-looking guy and ketawa terbahak-bahak with him (and avoiding ball, if you guys know where that one came from). Everyone, the Joe in the street and the media, are going crazy with this Socceroos. How the hell did this frenzy started?? They think they can bulldoze Brazil flat? Hah! Yeah ma-y-te! History in the making tonight, with the smallest continent kicked out by the biggest continent, I hope. Sorry Aussies, just voicing my opinion, and pardon me for writing this on your "land".

And Japan scored its first goal, I rest my case...


From youtube.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSpYT0ags9c
 
posted by azreey
Permalink ¤


0 Comments:






Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License