Wednesday, March 22, 2006,2:10 AM
As the cold autumn wind blows...
Image hosting by Photobucket

As the cold autumn wind of Melbourne blows at my feet, and as the city sleeps all around me, life as I know it has never been the same for me as it was two months ago. Freedom hangs by a thread with workload piling up as time moves on, oh how I miss the time I had back at home, which I had taken for granted. All the late night driving and "sessions" with the people who I will never forget. No, I'm not in a depressed mood or anything negative, living somewhere far from home has given me several new insights on life, just like entering a new chapter of a book. Now I know how it feels like to be an international student.

But basically, things here are no different as it was back in KL, making most of out my time by achieving what I'm hoping for and also satisfying my needs. Melbourne is a multi-faceted city with so many inputs from other regions, just like KL, but obviously there is a sense of direction and calmness in this city compared to where I'm from. Organized road system, proper governance, friendly customer service employees, these are just some of the ideals that we try to achieve back home. But behind this curtain of happy faces, I realized there are some things here that are not that good. Small little things actually, things which are often overlooked. Even the architects here are aguing on how to define "Australian architecture", with Melbourne being the post-modernist (something like that lah). Nevermind those, it'll just make me feel better being a Malaysian despite the numerous shortcomings back home. Home sweet home.

Melbourne has been very busy lately, with the Commonwealth Games going on and Australian euphoria and patriotism is at all time high here. After getting my life settled down for almost a month, everything seems to be moving at a faster pace. That's why I felt like I've been here for a very long time. Even the apartment I'm living in feels battered with stuff strewn all over the place like a warzone, with some corners being so tidy like the DMZ zone between North and South Korea. Three tables, three chairs, three beds, a TV and a screwed up unsecured broadband line.

A little messy post after taking a sabbatical leave from blogging for quite a while. Well, it's time to hit the bed just like those guys going back home after watching the Games. A long day awaits...
 
posted by azreey
Permalink ¤


1 Comments:






Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License