Wednesday, December 21, 2005,5:02 AM
Life is cheap for the "rempits"
How many of us Malaysian drivers have not encountered any motorcyclists speeding or getting ready to risk their lives? Some got it the bad way, some just became angry and annoyed by them and starts complaining about the state of our youth these days (which I did). I was on the way back home from Ampang after several games of pool with some ex-Sri Gardenians when I had the most dangerous and frightening encounter with the people we call the mat rempits. It was 1.40am and I was on the empty KL-Seremban Highway, just passed the Sg. Besi toll. The highway was deserted and everything seemed like an ordinary early morning-late night drive until a Waja overtook me hastily. I was on the middle lane after giving way to the speeding Waja and I was wondering why he did that, since there were no cars behind him. Then all of a sudden, the Waja slowed down like its the end of the world and that got me freaked out tremendously.

That's when I realize that five bikes with pillion riders were sitting precariously on each lane of the three-lane highway with two of them in the fast lane! What the f*** are they thinking?! It's the craziest idea to go racing on a highway where people go at least 110km/h everyday! Then a few meters down the road, at least twenty more of them were waiting in the emergency lane as if it was the passing-of-the-torch event of the Olympics (Zeus will be utterly disgusted). I gave them a satisfying honk to show my anger. Its such a stupid thing to do, putting their lives on the borderline between life and death. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.... The same thing happened at least two hours earlier on Jalan Ampang near RISDA when a bunch of these "armpits" suddenly stopped in the right lane and surprised a poor unsuspecting driver.

Don't these people value their lives? It's sad to say that a number of them perished needlessly in tragic road accidents. It makes smoking weed and hash look harmless, doesn't it?
 
posted by azreey
Permalink ¤


1 Comments:






Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License