Wednesday, May 04, 2005,1:59 PM
What could be worse than a blocked nose, an impending deadline and blurness?
Its that time of the year again I suppose, staying overnight in the studio and getting dried lips, blocked nose and back aches from bad sleeping postures. Thanks to the bloody deadline imposed by our bloody lecturer in the midst of the bloody final exams. Taking a break for a while, I knew I cant be sitting in the computer lab for too long or risk having a scar in my exam results slip, if you know what I mean.

Well, its not all too bad coming and doing work in the studio actually. Apart from doing stupid things in the studio and listening to your favorite songs until it becomes an irritating tune and thinking about where to makan, there are other more personal experiences. The journey to the studio that I had to take last night was somewhat surreal, something which I havent experience for quite a while. The jazz music on the radio and listening to Radiohead and REM while going thru the almost desolate KL-Seremban and Federal Highway got me off the stress temporarily but as soon as the Kurnia building emerges in the horizon, reality pulled me back like a stubborn jackass being pulled by its owner. It also sickens me to think about navigating into the most congested area in Malaysia at midnight when everyone else are slowly slipping into their bed. Things we do for grades...

Two years ago, when I joined the rat race to get a diploma, I never knew about the bitter truth that I bet most architecture graduates have experienced. But as I type this out in college, I reckon that all this are very valuable and worthwhile and as I reach the end of my stint in Taylor's, I realise that no matter how bad or good things are, it is better to appreciate it rather than to forget or shrug it off and never to think about it again. Every experience is unique, even if its uncannily familiar. Now, back to work, i guess...
 
posted by azreey
Permalink ¤


0 Comments:






Listed on BlogShares

Creative Commons License